Dr. Yong Liu is the Associate Professor with Tenure under ‘Hundred Young Talents Program’ and Associate Dean at College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University. Prior to joining the Peking University faculty, Dr. Liu spent two years in University of Michigan’s School of Natural Resources and Environment as a postdoctoral research fellow. Before that, he got his doctoral degree in science at Peking University in 2007 and his bachelor of Economics at Renmin University of China and bachelor of Engineering at Tsinghua University in 2002.
His research interest is aimed to explore the lake aquatic responses mechanism to watershed loading and the optimal watershed-scale adaptive decision making under uncertainty. During the past years, his studies are focused on (a) Exploring lake eutrophication responses to nutrient loading and anthropogenic pressures; (b) Developing optimal decision making modeling on watershed load reduction under uncertainty; and (c) Decision supporting for watershed nutrient load reduction on eutrophication control of Lake Dianchi in Southwestern China. He has published over 90 peer-reviewed papers in International journals and two books. He was awarded National Award for Youth in Science and Technology and Excellent Young Scientist Foundation of NSFC. He is the Associate Editor of Limnology and Oceanography, the editorial board of Regional Environmental Change and two Chinese journals, and the standing committee member of Society of Lake under Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology.
• 09/2002-07/2007 Peking University, Ph.D. in Environmental Science
• 09/2000-07/2002 Tsinghua University, B.S. in Environmental Engineering
• 09/1997-07/2002 Renmin University of China, B.A. in Environmental Economics
Other working and educational experiences:
⇨ 08/2007-08/2009 Postdoc Research Fellow, SNRE, University of Michigan, USA;
⇨ 07/2006-09/2006 Environmental Informatics Laboratory, University of Regina, Canada;
⇨ 06/2006 Emerging Theories and Methods in Sustainability Research (THEMES) Summer School (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain).
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SERVICE
• Associate Editor, Limnology and Oceanography
• Member, International Society for Ecological Economics, 2005 to present
• Member, International Environmetrics Society, 2005 to present
• Standing Committee, Chinese Society for Environmental Planning, 2009 to present
• Member, Chinese Society for Environmental Economics, 2005 to present
• Member, Chinese Society for Environmental Science, 2005 to present
• 2011~2017，Editorial Board, Regional Environmental Change
• Peer Reviewer: Estuaries and Coasts, Water Research, Journal of Hydrology, Water Air and Soil Pollution, Journal of Environmental Science, Ecological Modelling, Water SA, Environmental Management, Journal of Environmental Management, Journal of Environmental Engineering-ASCE, Journal of Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, Ecological Research, Journal of Hydroinformatics, and several Chinese top journals in Environmental Science and Water Resource.